SEAD Gallery is excited to announce “Intersections,” our first juried fiber arts show! We are looking forward to showcasing the best fiber arts Texas has to offer. Please explore the information below and apply.
SEAD Gallery is also pleased to announce our guest juror, Amie Adelman, Associate Professor and Fibers Coordinator at UNT. Adelman has conducted textile research in over 10 countries and has been exhibiting artwork nationally and internationally for 20 years. Her artwork has been published in numerous books and in a variety of journals such as American Craft, Fiberarts, Fiber Arts Now and Surface Design.
Deadline to enter images, labels, & fees: August 28, 2017
Notification of acceptance by email: September 4, 2017
Deadline for delivery of art: September 14, 2017
Opening Reception: September 21, 2017
Closing of Show: November 11, 2017
Pick up date for unsold art: November 11-13, 2017
ACCEPTED TYPES OF ART:
Works selected will include textiles rooted in traditional and contemporary approaches to fiber art. Open to artists working in: all types of materials, 2D, sculpture, video and installation art. Techniques include but are not limited to: weaving, quilting, knitting, sewing, dyeing, felting, needlework, lace making, basketry, beading. Artists may enter up to 5 pieces of art into the show.
Entry fee is $25 for 1-3 entrees, and $5 for each additional entry up to a total of 5.
Open to all artists living in Texas. Work must be original and created within the past two years. Art work may not be removed from the show until the show is closed.
HOW TO APPLY, SUBMIT ENTRIES & IMAGES:
To apply, please CLICK HERE to pay for your submission fee. Paying your submission fee is your application. Once you’ve completed this step, expect an email from Callie Storie or another gallery representative with a link to your personal Google Drive folder. This is where you will upload your entries.
Please upload a file including your name, address, phone number, and email address.
Images of your entry/entries must be submitted to your folder as jpeg/png files for jurying into the show.
The images should be sharp and clear in order for the jury to get a good representation of your work. All images should reflect the finished stage. For example, include frames if piece will be framed in the show. Images of accepted work may be posted on the SEAD Gallery website or other social media pages.
Image files should be labeled with your last name, first initial and title of work. An inventory list should be included in your folder with pictures of all images, the title, medium, dimensions, price, year, and Artist name.
Include any specific instructions for display/hanging of work.
DELIVERY OF ART:
Hand delivery of approved entries is September 14th between 11am – 5pm. Shipped approved entries should arrive on or before September 14th.
216 W. 26th St
Bryan, TX 77803
COMMISSION ON SALES:
All works must be for sale. The artist will receive 60% of the sale price, and SEAD Gallery will share the remaining 40% of the sale price.
There will be $250 Juror’s Choice Prize presented to the artist of our juror’s choice.
SEAD Gallery will take responsible precautions to prevent damage to or loss of the works entered; however, artists are advised that they are entering the show at their own risk. SEAD Gallery will not be responsible for loss or damage. By entering the show, you agree to hold harmless and blameless SEAD Gallery and any of its employees, members or agents, from loss, theft, damage or injury to any materials submitted for display. By submitting an application and/or entry you release SEAD Gallery and all of it’s duly appointed representatives of all liability and responsibility for any injury, damage or loss sustained by exhibitors, guests, or works of art before, during or after SEAD Gallery’s “Intersections” Juried Textile Show.
If you have any more questions, feel free to contact Callie Storie at firstname.lastname@example.org.